We’re looking for a candidate for a very specific role. A part-time barista to help us cover holes in our schedule that are a result of other staff members needing time off. This person will not have a set shift, or may have a few scheduled hours each week, but will primarily cover open shifts. Candidates will need to have ultimate flexibility and be able to work any of the hours we are open, sometimes on short notice. Nights and weekends are a must.
It is our expectation that our baristas make quality beverages and specialty hot drinks, work the drive thru and the cash register, keep the store clean and well-stocked, do so quickly and efficiently, and form good customer relationships. Orestod, through all of its member companies, is dedicated to its culture and creating a positive work environment. This is very non-negotiable for us and we are committed to taking whatever steps necessary to ensure this is the case for our employees.
- Prepare and serve coffee and tea drinks that meet quality standards
- Properly handle and maintain all equipment
- Respond to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efficient manner
- Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
- Serve customers quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings
- Observe relevant health and safety standards
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Retail, hospitality, and/or customer service experience is a plus
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
If you have the appropriate qualifications, please complete the form on the left and attach your resumé. Please be aware that we can’t respond to every resume we get. We’ll respond to those candidates we choose to interview. And no phone calls, social media messages, or walk-in inquiries, please.